mixed weekend

I’ve put off writing about my weekend because I don’t really know where to begin. First of all, my cousin Teresa died on Sunday morning. What can I possibly say about that? There are no words. Catherine wrote a really beautiful post about it on her web site, so I think I’ll let that sum it up for me. I couldn’t possibly state it any more eloquently than she did.

Second, having Kris here was great. The family situation definitely took some wind out of our typical “party it up” sails, but I’m glad that she was here to let me cry on her shoulder. Dave has been great too (as always). It was nice to have my support system around me when I needed it. And it was cool that Dave & Kris got to meet for the first time, they really seemed to hit it off. I was a little worried about that, but it seems that there was no need to be concerned.

Other weekend highlights:
* Whale-watching didn’t happen, due to the fact that we would’ve had to get up at 6 a.m. on Saturday to drive to the ferry and wait in line for 3 hours. Hmmm… Ok, maybe next time.
* I discovered a new bar in my neighborhood that I really like.
* We sat on the beach and watched children playing.
* I love the SuperMall. Even though I can spend 2 hours there and not spend a single penny.
* My neighbors on either side of me now hate me, because I don’t let people smoke in my apartment. And since Kris is a smoker, she had to go out on my balcony every time she wanted a cigarette. Apparently every time she lit up, the neighbors would slam their windows shut. The thing is, I’m totally sympathetic because I hate the smell of cigarettes, and I would be pissy too if the situation were reversed. But what can you do?
* I broke a pool table. Or maybe it was already broken, who knows. But I grabbed one corner of it when I bent down to pick up a quarter that I had dropped, and it snapped off. And since that corner was what I was using to hold my balance, I fell flat on my butt (and took the corner piece of the pool table with me). How lovely. And typical.

Side note: Today officially marks 3 months since Dave and I had our first date. Awww….