(One of Catie’s favorite lines from the movie “Tangled” is Rapunzel swinging around a tree, yelling, “Best! Day! EVER!” She repeats that a lot. Hence the post title.)
Why I love this particular Friday the 13th, superstitions be damned:
1. Catie got dressed and left for daycare without any fights this morning. Hey, it’s the little things.
2. Beaumont is currently at the vet getting shaved. (Insert your own shaved p***y jokes here.) We have to do this every summer because his fur is so long and it gets all matted and nasty. And yes, he looks ridiculous afterward:
(Exhibit A: his first haircut, 2 years ago.)
But he’s also a lot happier. And since he is currently in “Guard the Pregnant Lady” Mode and is all over me constantly, I’ll also be a lot happier when there’s less fur on him. Hopefully it means I’ll stop having the recurring nightmare about being attacked by a bear, when I wake up and realize that it’s because I’ve got a ridiculously furry cat sleeping up against my face, suffocating me.
3. The housekeepers are coming today! I always feel a little weird mentioning that we have housekeepers, because it feels so… I don’t know. Snobby? Elitist? I get oddly defensive about it. But you know what? Whatever. For the mental health benefit alone, I consider it to be a totally worthwhile expense.
Oh, also? Knowing that the house will be all sparkly and clean should I happen to go into labor in the immediate future? HUGE load off my mind. You can’t even imagine.
4. I’m getting a massage this afternoon. All of y’all who’ve had babies know how late pregnancy can make you ache all over. My back and shoulders are currently a disaster zone of knots and pains. Then Catie’s daycare teacher Mandy informed me that a new massage therapist opened up shop in the building next to the daycare, and she had left a stack of coupons for them to pass out to the parents. When I checked it out, saw that this lady is certified to do prenatal massage, and that the coupon was for 50% off her normal hourly rate? Hell yes, I booked that sucker. I cannot wait.
5. It’s Clean Sheet Day. Between the massage and the fresh sheets on the bed, I’m already looking forward to bedtime tonight. It’s gonna be so good, y’all.
6. Our sixth wedding anniversary is on Sunday, the 15th. Awww.
And we’re still laughing. (Most of the time.)
So awesome! I didn’t even realize it was Friday the 13th till I got on the ‘net 🙂
I am sooooo close to being able to afford a house cleaner again. So close. Had one for years and years. It’s not snobby. It’s needed. Plus hi, we’re giving someone else a job. 🙂
I want to shave my dog down for the summer, but I’m afraid of what she will look like.
Yay for you guys. Such an exciting time (including, you know, the shaved cat). Congrats on the anniversary (is congrats the right word??) and of course, yay for Catie being a big sister soon!
Today is also my 1/2 birthday, so there’s that!!
Happy Friday the 13th!!! Hope the clean house and the massage are great for you!!
Also, Happy Early Anniversary!!!
I’m tempted to shave my cat but am afraid his hair wont grow back and he’ll just look stupid.
YAY for housekeepers! Screw feeling snobby! You are 9 months pregnant no one expects you to get down on your hands and knees and scrub the floor! I would SO get housekeepers for my parents if I could afford it.
My friend is 7 months pregnant and she is in so much pain. She’s tiny and is carrying a boy. He’s going to be big, they think over 20 inches long and about 9.5 pounds. (She’s maybe 5’5? Her hubby is over 6′) Her pelvis is killing her, her back, she can’t sleep. I keep telling her to get those prenatal massages. I’m glad you can get one AND at 50% off woo hoo!
Happy early anniversary!
Happy anniversary!! And, I’m glad the baby didn’t decide to come on your anniversary, or you’d ever get another anniversary date-night again. At least, not for about 16 years.