newlywed weekend excitement

As far as my plans for a big exciting weekend that would make for a great blog entry? Yeah, not so much. We went to a little local festival, which was sort of interesting in a “gee, they have funnel cake, but no ferris wheel, what gives?” kind of way. We sat around and people-watched for a while, listened to a semi-OK band, and ate junk food. Then we went home and took a nap. The end. After we woke up, we went shopping and bought a bike rack that will fit on both of our cars – yay! And then it rained for the rest of the weekend so we couldn’t actually ride our bikes – boo!

Sunday, Dave didn’t feel well, so I went shopping by myself. Through the wonders of discount stores, I managed to find myself a nice little summer wardrobe collection for a relatively small amount of money. So that was fun. Then I came home and cleaned (well, not really, I just moved stuff out of the way for the housekeeper, who comes tomorrow) while simultaneously watching “Raising Helen“. Has anyone else seen this? I’m still not sure if I liked it or not. Then, Dave and I went to the supermarket (oooh, see what an exciting, fast-paced life we lead?) and rented that Lemony Snicket’s thing. I think two movies in one day about children who are orphaned after both parents are killed in some horrible freak accident is a bit too much for me. During the second movie, I started making plans in the back of my mind of who will take custody of my as-yet-unconceived children, should Dave and I die in a car accident or a fire or whatever. Because you know what? My kids are not going to end up with either Jim Carrey OR Kate Hudson, and that’s final. Maybe Billy Connolly. But we’ll see.

In other news… Well, there isn’t much other news, except that I don’t feel well today. Dave had some co-workers from out-of-state visiting last night, so he had to go out to dinner with them and do the whole corporate entertainment thing. And since I knew I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep without him, I took 2 over-the-counter sleep aids instead of my usual one. (Awww, isn’t that sweet? Seriously, it’s not like he has to be in bed with me for me to fall asleep, I just get freaked out when I’m in the house by myself. I know I’ve mentioned this before.) So today I have this weird, fuzzy, Tylenol PM-induced hangover, and it’s basically impossible for me to concentrate on anything. Fun! Only 3 hours left of my workday. Sigh.

P.S. I’ve added some more photos to the rehearsal & wedding albums, courtesy of my mom. Unless you’re in them, you probably won’t care. But hey, this is the best picture I have so far of my dress, at least until I get the pics from our wedding photographer. Enjoy.