So, tomorrow night, Kris gets to town. Kris, as in my best friend in the whole wide world, former college roommate, the person who can read what I’m thinking better than anyone on the planet, the woman who would be my soul mate if only we were both gay, Kris. She’s flying in from Memphis, and I have been excited about it ever since we booked the ticket back in April. Now that the time is actually here, I almost can’t believe it. There’s so much that I want to do while she’s here, and I don’t know how I’m going to fit it all in to 4 days. (She gets here late Thursday night & leaves early Tuesday morning.)
Now, the only problem is that my apartment is a disaster with a capital D, and I can’t seem to motivate myself to clean it up. Kris hasn’t seen this place yet (obviously, I’ve only lived here 4 months & I haven’t seen her since Christmas), so I want it to look nice when she gets here, but for some reason I can’t seem to get off my ass and tidy up. I know that if I just spent 2 hours on it, it would be done and I could stop worrying. But I’ll probably put it off until the last minute, as is my usual tendency.
In other news:
* The foghorns on the boats in the Sound have been crazy loud today. And constant. They keep making me jump every time they “huwhaaaanh!!!” out there.
* Teenie has apparently fallen in love with my dirty clothes basket, she seems to be sleeping in it all the time. Perhaps this is because the basket is in my closet, and it’s dark and shady (and cooler) in there. Or maybe it’s because it smells like me (or at least my b.o.). Who knows.
* Speaking of Teenie, I left her hairball medicine at Dave’s, and as a consequence, she left a nice little present for me on my comforter. And the floor. Ick.
* I found out that one of my cousins and his wife are pregnant. He’s 3 years younger than me. Sigh. No comment.
* I downloaded customized ring tones for my phone. Among the most notable: Kris is “Toxic” by Britney Spears (hee!), Dave is “Take On Me” by A-Ha (80’s new wave seemed appropriate for him, for some reason), my mom is “Superfreak” by Rick James (don’t ask), my brother is “Bohemian Rhapsody” (the classic rock guy), and my sister is “Electric Avenue” by Eddy Grant (because that song makes me think of Times Square, which makes me think of NYC, which makes me think of Tracy – plus it’s a cheesy 80’s tune, which fits her). Aww yeah, I’m cool.