I didn’t mean to leave that really depressing post up at the top for so long. Sorry about that.
So! After a really awful week, here are some things that I am thankful for today:
1. It’s Friday.
2. After a hellish week of no sleep and being woken up at least three times a night, Lucy finally slept through the night last night. Thank you God and the makers of Benadryl. (Yes, I drugged her. I was desperate. Judge not lest ye be and all that.)
Yeah, ok, fine. She can be cute sometimes, I admit it.
3. Catie has been awesomely delightful this week. I think 5 is my favorite age so far. She still challenges me, but for the most part, she’s just so damn fun right now.
That picture makes me laugh every time I see it.
4. I get to have lunch with The Guy today.
5. My mom and I are doing a combo yard sale tomorrow, and I’m surprisingly not stressed about it. Normally I get all obsessive about pricing and organizing and all that. This time I’m basically just throwing my crap out in the yard and letting people make me an offer. Whatever doesn’t sell is going to Goodwill, so I really don’t care.
6. My belated Mother’s Day gift to myself is today. I had a Groupon deal for a facial and massage, and I’m finally redeeming it this afternoon. The last time I had a massage, I was pregnant with Lucy. And I can’t even remember the last time I had a facial, but it was before we moved to North Carolina (in 2008), so it’s WAY overdue. I’m so excited.
7. My brother is coming to town this weekend to help out with the yard sale. Which is, I guess, not such a HUGE deal, because I see him fairly often these days. But still, I like my brother, so it’s fun to have him around.
8. Highs in the upper 70s in June. Damn, I love North Carolina.
9. Did I mention that it’s almost the weekend? Because yeah, that.
Sleep begets sleep; sometimes when a person gets too tired, they can’t sleep like they should. Benadryl can really help a lot! I needed to use it a few times for my girl. It’s super safe; lots of OB’s even recommend it as something to help with insomnia during pregnancy. People need to sleep!
Enjoy your spa time! That sounds delectable.