I was going to write a little post about how thankful I am for my family, but I already did that a few days ago.
Other things I’m thankful for:
* The rest of my family (you know, outside of Dave and Cate) and my friends, who continually give me a better perspective on life and who can make me laugh until I have a coughing fit.
* That my mom’s cancer was caught early and that she’s going to be absolutely, positively, 100% fine when this is all over.
* My job, which I really do enjoy most of the time. I know that I’m incredibly lucky to have the flexibility that I have and the option to work from home, because a lot of new moms would kill for this gig.
* Sugar snap peas, which I eat in mass quantities every day. And Diet Coke.
* That Dave cleaned up for me today (while Cate and I took a nap together) so I could cook our big Thanksgiving meal in a nice, tidy kitchen.
* That Cate is such a little grown-up that today we pulled her high chair up to the table while we ate Thanksgiving dinner and she fed herself English peas and mashed sweet potatoes. Also, that she started clapping her hands, which is just about the cutest thing ever.
* That she will hopefully be tired and ready for bed soon, because good GOD, child. It’s almost 11:00. Go to freakin’ sleep already.