I still have dried paint flecks in my hair

I’m officially exhausted.

Since I’ve started doing this part-time gig, I don’t work on Fridays. Which is good, because it meant that I got the entire dining room painted on Friday. I had primed it last weekend, but still. Two coats of paint in one day, go me.

Saturday, I moved all of the living room furniture into the dining room by myself, while Dave was at the hardware store. That was definitely a bad idea, even though the floor is laminate, so all I had to do was slide the furniture, not lift it. But my lower back still hasn’t forgiven me for that little stunt.

Kris came over on Saturday afternoon, and we managed to cover the entire living room with one coat of primer. Well, almost the entire room. There’s one really high part where the ceiling is vaulted, and considering that I’m a klutz even when I’m not pregnant, Dave had forbidden me to go up a ladder to paint that part. I can’t say I disagreed with his judgment. Dave promised that he would take care it himself.

This morning (Sunday), I woke up around 6 a.m., noticed Dave wasn’t in bed, and heard a very familiar shooop-shooop-shooop sound coming from downstairs. It sounded like a paint roller. I thought that was sweet, that he was going to prime that little high part of the walls before I woke up, and I went back to sleep for a couple of hours.

When I got up around 8:30, I saw that Dave had actually painted the entire living room. All by himself. And ok, it was only the first coat, so we still had to go over it one more time, but still. I give him a lot of grief for being a bit of a slacker with house stuff, but every now and then, he manages to knock one out of the park and totally shock me. That was pretty awesome.

Anyway, we did the second coat, so both rooms are all painted. Later, I scrubbed all of the little paint drips off of the floor in the living room so we could put the furniture back. (I had used dropcloths, but they’re sort of useless with my klutziness.) (And for the record, Dave helped move the furniture back in place.) I haven’t finished scrubbing the floor in the dining room yet, but I think I can leave that for later this week. It’s not like we ever really “use” that room.

Speaking of later this week? I think I’m going to be doing some research to find someone around here who specializes in prenatal massage. Because god, my back is pissed at me.

And that, folks, is it. Other than going to Quizno’s for sandwiches on Friday night, I haven’t left the house all weekend. I know it’s pathetic, but the painting is done, so I’m happy. And now, I’m going to sleep.

4 thoughts on “I still have dried paint flecks in my hair

  1. It’s a good husband indeed that picks up on his pregnant wife’s need to nest…and then does it for her.
    Hope your back is feeling better today.

  2. Ooh, how nice to have all that painting finished! No doubt you’ll think of ten thousand more things that have to be done before the baby is born. Luckily, none of them actually have to be done, except buying a car seat and some onesies.

  3. I can think of at least one or two other things that I’ll need to purchase before the baby arrives. Like, I don’t know, maybe some diapers or something? 🙂

Comments are closed.