It seems like whenever I don’t have much else to write about, I default to a recipe. Here’s another one. Let me know what you think of it if you decide to try it.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
* Chunk light tuna packed in water, 3 cans (drained)
* 1 can of mushrooms (drained)
* 1 can of green peas (drained)
* Cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans
* 1 package of egg noodles
* 1 onion
* Shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups
* Potato chips
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make your pasta according to package directions.
2. Chop the onion & sautee (with butter, vegetable oil, or whatever you prefer) until it’s soft & caramelized.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine: tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, peas, sauteed onion, & one cup of the shredded cheese.
4. Put tuna noodle mixture in a 9×13 dish.
5. Put potato chips in a Ziploc bag and crush with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Mix the remaining 1 cup of cheese with the crushed chips, then spread over the top of your casserole.
6. Bake at 425 degrees until the cheese is brown & bubbly. About 15-20 minutes.
I love this because it’s quick & easy to make, and it makes enough to feed us for at least 3 nights.
Except for the noodles& potato chips, it sounds like my dad’s spwcialty Cream Tuna on Toast. Yummmmm one of my favorites.
Can you tell I typed that from my phone?