another partially-composed-on-the-plane entry

Kris & Tony’s wedding was beautiful. I took lots of pictures and will get them online soon. It was decidedly more low-key than the previous night, which was good. I rode to the wedding with my friend Leslie and her boyfriend Joel, and they wanted to leave the reception early since they had a ten-hour drive back to California the next day. Which was fine, since I had an early flight too. I missed the cake, which I’m still sort of bummed about, but we were there for all of the important stuff (the ceremony, dinner, toasts), so it was fine.

I got up at 6 a.m. on Monday morning to head home. I went down to the casino floor and stopped at the deli for breakfast. (Steak & fried egg on a baguette. Very nice, and a hell of a lot cheaper than the stupid buffet.) Man alive, I wish I had taken some pictures of some of the girls I saw doing the Walk of Shame. One girl might’ve actually been a hooker because she was with some enormous dude that was more likely a bodyguard than a boyfriend. She was in a tiny dress that barely covered her butt, and it was so tight that there’s no way she could’ve been wearing underwear, because if she had, there would’ve been a pantyline. So basically, when she sits down, the whole world is her gynecologist. She was carrying her gold stilettos in her hand and walking barefoot across the casino floor. Yikes. Some guy walking past elbowed me and said, “You see all types here, dontcha?” Yes, yes you do.

Oh, and then I saw three very pretty young girls who were all still obviously drunk and wearing last night?s clothes (at 7:30 a.m.!), and they were arguing with each other and crying, while their boyfriends sat a few feet away watching. Awesome.

The plane ride was relatively uneventful, except for one thing. There was a tiny old man (I mean, old old; tiny, hunched over, liver spots on hands, I’m guessing he was in his late 80’s) sitting in the aisle seat diagonal from me, and he sat there on the airplane flipping through a hardcore porn magazine. Just, WOW. There are no words, I was so shocked. If I had seen any kids nearby (or if I had Catie with me), I would’ve told the stewardess to make him put it away. As it was, he saw the flight attendants with the drink cart and put it away himself, but I was grossed out for the rest of the flight.

I landed in Charlotte and met up with my brother at Olive Garden for dinner. That was fun, it’s always nice to see him. I got stuck in bad traffic on the way home (apparently a car accident), so I didn’t get home until after 10 p.m. That was a long day. I missed my Catie-bug so much that my arms ached from not holding her. We had a Skype video chat while I was gone, but it wasn?t the same. I missed Dave too, but you know, he?s a little easier to connect with over the phone or whatever. That little girl of mine, though. Man, I couldn?t wait to swoop her up and cover her in kisses. We’ve been having fun running errands together today. Now she’s napping, and I think I might crash too, I’m so exhausted from the whole weekend.

Overall: good trip, but so great to be home.

2 thoughts on “another partially-composed-on-the-plane entry

  1. RE the old man and the porn: My mom says that he falls under the category of “old enough to know better, too old to care.” Ick, that must have been surreal. I mean, his great-grandchildren could have been in that magazine. But if Mr. 80+ can still spark wood, I guess more power to him.

Comments are closed.