I think my blog has been pretty boring lately, since basically all I’ve written about has been either wedding planning or money problems. What can I say, I guess I have no other major drama in my life at the moment. I should count myself pretty damn lucky. Anyway, I doubt I’ll have another chance to write anything before the wedding, so I’ll leave you with a few last minute details:
1) The Wedding Weekend Weather forecast: it’s supposed to rain on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Yee-freakin’-haw. Ah well, good thing we opted to have the canopy set up on the terrace for our outdoor ceremony, just in case this exact thing happened. It does put a slight damper (ha-ha! Get it? Damp-er? Yeah, I’m funny) on our plans for neat outdoor wedding photos, but we can work around that.
2) My dad’s gout is flaring up, so one of his feet is all swollen and hurting. My mom told me that he may be walking me down the aisle in one dress shoe & one sneaker. I told her that if that’s the case, he’s going to wear sneakers on both feet so he doesn’t look like some kind of crazy homeless man with 2 different shoes on. (I think the Manolo would probably agree with me on this one.) My initial thought was “oh god, what will Dave’s refined British family and his well-educated, intellectual friends possibly think about his fiancee’s father from Mississippi who wears sneakers with a suit…” Then I decided that it’s actually kind of funny, and I’m not going to freak out about it. I figure it’ll just make an interesting conversation piece at the reception. I’ve even suggested that maybe he could wear his bedroom slippers, or just his black dress socks, or he could even borrow Dave’s flip-flops. The more outrageous, the better. It’s fine. There is no such thing as a Perfect Wedding, and I’m not going to have a nervous breakdown over the tiny details that go awry. I’m going to laugh about them and move on.
3) Our driveway is slowly but surely getting better. We had the first load of gravel delivered, which basically sank into all the mud that had accumulated from the rain that we’ve had over the past 2 or 3 days. So now we have rocky, gravelly mud instead of plain mud. Which means that you only get the bottoms of your shoes yucky, rather than sinking up to your ankles, so I suppose that’s an improvement? We’re getting more gravel delivered today, and I have been promised that the driveway will be looking great by the time I get home this evening. Fingers crossed.
4) Last night, I made my own little version of chicken curry, which I got from the recipe book that Dave gave me for my birthday. It’s been quite a hit in our house, I make it at least a couple of times a month. But last night was the first time I’ve cooked for the in-laws, and both Mags & Roger really liked it, so yay, I am a culinary success.
5) Kris arrives tomorrow, so I will have last-minute assistance from my best friend and bridesmaid, which makes me very happy. Not to mention that we’re going to squeeze in one last drunken girls’ night out on Thursday night. Whee!!
Ok, y’all, that’s it. If everything goes as planned, by the next time I post here, I will no longer be Cindy B, I will be Cindy W. Send happy thoughts for us on Sunday afternoon. Bye!
Best of luck to you both! I hope you have a beautiful day.
Happy wedding, Cindy and Dave!And despite what Alanis M. says, it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day.