Things that happened this week that I totally forgot to blog about because, hot damn, y’all, I am TIRED.
1. My brother and sister came over from Charlotte last weekend to hang out. That was fun, even though I completely forgot to take any pictures whatsoever.
2. Everyone (my brother, my sister, and my mom) went back to their respective homes on Sunday. We were very sad about that. Or at least, Catie and I were sad; Lucy honestly didn’t seem to notice much.
3. I survived 48 hours on solo parent duty with a four year-old and a newborn.
That probably seems like nothing to some people, but for me, it felt like a pretty major accomplishment.
4. Dave got back from England on Tuesday evening. Thank God.
5. Also on Tuesday: I started back to work. And Lucy turned 6 weeks old.
6. I moved Lucy to her crib, because she’s such a light sleeper that she wakes up if I so much as roll over or clear my throat. I thought maybe we might all get some more sleep that way. She’s spent the last 2 nights in her crib, and it’s been semi-successful. She’s gone from sleeping 2.5 hours at a time to sleeping 3 hours at a time, so… yay? I guess? I’ll celebrate once she’s consistently sleeping 4+ hours at a time. (Soon. Please, God, let it be soon.)
7. I’m finally starting to feel the post-partum crazies set in. I know that it’s just the accumulation of several weeks’ worth of exhaustion, and it’s all stuff that will pass as soon as I get some rest. But this has not been my best week, to put it mildly.
8. We have no plans this weekend, and I am so looking forward to that. I might not get out of my pajamas until Monday.