Originally posted: August 29, 2003
I was very bad yesterday. I honestly had good intentions of going to the gym after work, but somehow I got distracted on my way home and went shopping for super-cheap clothes instead.
First I hit Goodwill. Purchases there include:
* Very short blue dress with spaghetti straps and a black meshy overlay & black flowers sort of woven into the mesh. The skirt only comes about halfway down my thigh. It’s pretty hot, if I do say so myself. Price tag: $5.99
* Off-white sundress with tan, olive & pale blue flowers on it. Price tag: $3.99 (I’ll end up spending more on that one later, because I need to send it to Mom to have her alter it a bit – postage will probably end up costing more than the dress itself.)
Then I went to Ross Dress for Less, where I bought:
* Oatmeal cardigan sweater to wear with the off-white sundress from Goodwill – $9
* Pink short-sleeved shirt with China-girl collar (I think it’s called a Mandarin collar, technically?) – $7.99. I think I’ll probably end up returning that one, I didn’t like it as much when I tried it on at home. That type of collar just doesn’t look right on me.
* Black see-through shirt with peach & brown flowers on it, comes with a matching black shell to wear underneath. It’s button-down, 3/4 sleeve (my favorite), but kind of loose & flowy at the end of the sleeves. That was my big ticket item for the day – $16. And it’s 100% silk.
I also got a pair of shoes at Ross (I think they were $13), which I think I’m also going to end up taking back. You can’t really try shoes on there because they have the ridiculous security method of binding them together with a piece of plastic (what’s up with that, anyway?). So I found these shoes, and they fit my feet, so I bought them, took them home, cut the plastic & tried to walk around in them. Kind of a pricey way to find out whether or not you actually want the damn shoes. Anyway, they look awesome, but I’m not at all sure that I’m meant to wear heels this spikey – I just see a big trip to the emergency room in my future if I keep these. Sprained ankles, anyone?
Man, this blog sure is girly when I re-read it. But I think it’s a pretty good representation of me, so there you have it.
As for skipping the gym, I guess I’m going to be like Carson on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy – “Shopping is my cardio!”
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!